♡♡☆ ★ ♪♡♡♡☆ ★ ♪♡♡☆ ★ ♪☆ ★ ♪♡♡☆ ★ ♪♡☆ ★ ♪♡ ☆ ★ ♪♡♡♡☆ ★ ♪♡♡♡☆ ★ ♪♡♡☆ ★ ♪☆ ★ ♪♡♡☆ ★ ♪♡☆ ★ ♪♡ ☆ ★ ♪♡

Saturday 7 April 2012

SPRING SUMMER COLLECTION: NANBAN

I know I haven't posted in a long time. Truth is I've had no time. :(
I've been creating my collection for spring summer which mixes two themes close to my heart~~

Broken technology + media, and the Geisha + Samurai of old Japan.

Using the idea of broken technology and how data fragments over a hard disc drive I mixed around ideas of garment pattern cutting and digital print. Taking into account what happened in The Meiji Restoration of Japan which was when Western dress was first adopted from the traditional Japanese robes. There was also no more regulations regarding dress from that point which led me to ask the question: What if they only added parts of the suit to their way of dressing? What developed from that isn't really an East meets West mix but rather East downloaded into a fragmented file on a broken hard disc.  

 Nanban [
なんばん] = foreigner in Japanese

Here is some of the art behind the collection~







The photo shoot will be up on my website soon - just have a few tweaks but I'm on an Easter break so I'm sure I'll have time. (^ᴥ^)


No comments:

Post a Comment